The Retail Sales Associate supports the development and expansion of Girl Scout Leadership Experience through customer service and operation of the council retail store.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Provides information and exceptional customer service to all customers.
- Maintains an attractive, well-stocked and organized store at all times.
- Performs retail store duties such as stocking and receipting sales.
- Processes staff consignments, charges and customer mail and web orders
- Organizes all displays and sale items.
- Receives daily council parcel deliveries for store and other departments
- Adheres to all council policies and procedures.
- Maintains clear and positive written and verbal communication with all internal and external customers.
- Observes all safety precautions and complies with all company health and safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Retail Manager, Purchasing Associate, or Lead Product Sales Associate.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Previous experience in retail sales preferred.
- Available to work Saturdays during the months of September thru June.
- Knowledge of Girl Scout merchandise and program preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill to interact with all customers.
- Drive and determination to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational abilities with attention to detail.
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation. Daily and/or occasional travel may be required.
- Must have belief in the mission and values of Girl Scouting; be willing to subscribe to the principles expressed in the Promise and Law, and aware of the needs of girls in our pluralistic society.
Demonstrated competencies in Interpersonal Relations, Customer Responsiveness, Problem-Solving, Conflict Management, and Adaptability.
OFFICE EQUIPMENT/MACHINES/ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- Personal computer and printers, telephone, fax machine, copier, audiovisual equipment, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform light work exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects such as boxes, books and parcel deliveries
- Heavy visual acuity required performing such activities as preparing and analyzing data and figures, using computer terminal and reading.
- Activities occur both inside and outside and employee is subject to both environmental conditions; however, employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.