Girl Scouts San Diego serves 22,500 girls and 12,700 adults. Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership development organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Under moderate supervision, responsible for the program/curriculum delivery planning set up and implementation of Girl Scouts in school, after school and community group sessions by leading group discussions, activities, and events according to program outlines with girls’ ages 5-17, in various settings throughout the jurisdiction of Girl Scouts San Diego.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and facilitate all appropriate activities according to program outlines and grade level for all groups.
- Lead songs, games and curriculum to groups of 5 to 100 in a team environment.
- Maintain the cleanliness, tidiness and function of all equipment, supplies and property.
- Ensure the provision of age appropriate activities for girls and coordinating activities to meet the development needs and interests of all girls.
- Prepare and demonstrate knowledge of program materials, content, coordination and execution according to curriculum objectives/ outlines by girl level and site determining factors in collaboration with all team members involved.
- Will research, plan, implement and document the Girl Scout Leadership Experience by implementing the Discover, Connect, and Take Action concept to all programs assigned throughout the year.
- Will exhibit and role model healthy work habits according to the Core Competencies contributing to a productive high functioning team with good communication, problem solving, girl focused, and innovative crew.
- Maintain clear, collaborative, positive written and verbal communication with all internal and external staff and customers contributing to a high functioning productive team environment
- Will comply and maintain accurate, detailed registration records according to the assigned areas we serve ensuring the safety of the girls year round.
- Attend and actively participates year round in meeting sessions to provide status reports of assigned sites and keep abreast of department and council wide program, activities, projects, venues and strategic goals.
- Observe all safety precautions and comply with all company health and safety rules and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison to parents and educators increasing awareness of Girl Scout program, mission and goals among the communities we serve collaborating with the Membership Team in the recruitment and retention of group to troop conversions.
- Participate in Outreach and council wide venues, workshops, day camps, and resident camps.
- Ensure safety in record keeping, documentation and check in/out processes. Maintain the cleanliness, tidiness and function of all equipment, supplies and property. Observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.