Girl Scouts San Diego has an exciting opportunity for a strong Human Resources Generalist to join our team to provide operational and tactical human resources support in the areas of recruitment, benefits and leave administration, employee relations, performance management, and other assigned areas.
- Support the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives in partnership with the Director of Human Resources to develop structure, business processes, etc.
- Respond to HR-related inquiries regarding policy interpretation or application; respond to employee concerns and providing appropriate HR guidance.
- Full-cycle recruiting for exempt/non-exempt positions, including writing job postings, conducting phone screens/interviews, coordinating interview schedules, and extending offers of employment. Collaborate with hiring managers to understand talent needs.
- Participate in the planning and execution of high volume seasonal summer camp recruiting and onboarding
- Day-to-day administration of the Council’s employee benefits program; maintain records and communicate benefits information to employees and Payroll; assist with processing employee benefit election changes; and review, process and audit monthly invoices from carriers for timely payment.
- Coordinate activities related to the annual Open Enrollment and Wellness Fair; assist with the preparation of Open Enrollment resource materials; review and update plan and employee data in benefits system; verify elections made by employees and ensure deductions are transmitted to Payroll and carriers.
- Conduct monthly benefit audits to ensure proper deductions and enrollments have been completed.
- Day-to-day leave of absence administration, including providing required notifications, documentation, and appropriate follow-ups; timely communication with employees, managers and Payroll regarding leave status.
- Day-to-day management of workers compensation program, specifically as they relate to leave of absence tracking and reporting.
- Assist with department employee event planning and coordination
- Assist with benefit and department audits on an annual basis.
- Support the preparation and implementation of the performance management program and respond to employee and management inquiries. Review and track performance appraisals as needed.